Efile Form 990 Technical Support
| Efile Form 990 Technical Support|
Need Help Using Our System?
- Technical Support: We offer technical support for the Form 990 Online system Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (eastern). We provide support for using our system for IRS Form 990, Form 990-EZ, Form 8868 (Request for Extension) as well as state filings for Hawaii, New York and Michigan. You can reach technical support by sending an email to Tech Support
- Frequently Asked Questions: Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page where you will find a searchable library of commonly asked questions.
- Built in Help: While entering your data in our system, you will find helpful instructions on each page. Also look for small ? marks next to many lines. Click on the ? mark to view a pop-up with information pertaining to data entry for that line.
- Voice Mail: Our primary method of providing technical support is via email. We do not offer support over the phone. We do have a toll free number you can call to leave us a voice mail. When you call, please leave your EIN, name and email address along with a detailed description of your problem. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible. The toll free number to leave a voice mail is 888-666-1773.
Note: We do not check the voice mails as frequently as we check our emails. You will generally receive a quicker response if you send an email.
- Process to File: To view an explanation of the steps required to file using the Form 990 Online system please visit this FAQ page: How to File.
- Form 990-N (e-Postcard): Our system does not support Form 990-N (e-Postcard). If you want to file a Form 990-N or need help filing a Form 990-N, please go to the IRS form 990-N website at www.irs.gov/990n. If you are trying to file a previous year form 990-N or check if your Form 990-N was filed with the IRS, you can find more information here.
- Signed Form 8453-EO Signature forms can be faxed to us 866-699-3916. You can also email a scanned PDF copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please include your EIN when emailing the forms. If you are having difficulties getting through to our fax number, please email us for further instructions. Signature Forms are reviewed by our staff and uploaded to your returns Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (eastern). You will receive an email notification when your form has been reviewed and attached to your return.
Quarterly Deadlines and Hours
- We work extended hours leading up to the quarterly deadlines on February 15th, May 15th, August 15th and November 15th. Our extended filing deadline hours will be posted at the top of your Control Panel page. Please avoid the rush and add signers or ask your questions early.
- We cannot provide tax advice for your return. If you run into a problem entering your data into our system, we would be glad to help. Detailed instructions for each IRS tax-exempt form can be found online through the IRS. If you need professional tax help we recommend contacting a CPA who is familiar with tax-exempt filings, or visit the IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications: http://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf.
Contact the IRS
- To speak to the IRS about your return or for questions regarding your organizationís records at the IRS, Contact IRS Customer Account Services at: 877-829-5500.
Common Tech Support Topics
Accounts, Login IDs and Signers:
Returns, Forms and PDF files:
Please see our technical support page if you have questions or problems using this website.
This website best viewed on a desktop or laptop/notebook computer with a screen resolution of 1024 X 768.
Copyright © 1999 - 2019 Civic Leadership Project, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last modified: January 31, 2019.