I tried to upload a pdf file and it did not upload. Why?
There is a limit on the size of the file that you can upload to our system. The maximum file size is 20.0 MB. To reduce file size we recommend a resolution of no more than 300 dpi for scanned documents. Reduce the file size and try to attach it again.
File Size Limit
File Size Limit is 20 megabytes when uploading a file into our system. For the Form 8453-EO signature form, please limit the file size to 1MB.
Compress a File to make the file size smaller
It is best to directly Google how to compress a file using your specific hardware and software. You can google “How to compress files in Windows?” Or “How to compress files on a Mac?” You will quickly get a feel if your software matches the instructions given, if it does not, keep searching for instructions online.
- To reduce file size we recommend a resolution of no more than 300 dpi for scanned documents.
- Saving the form in a black and white PDF will decrease the file size of a color jpg image.
- Not all files can be compressed to a smaller size.
- Check readability because compressing to a smaller file size can distort the file image.
- The maximum file size is 20.0 MB.
Merge a File to combine files into one PDF
How to Merge Files - within Acrobat Adobe
- Within Acrobat, click on the Tools menu and select Combine Files.
- Click Combine Files, and then click Add Files to select the files you want to include in your PDF.
- Click, drag, and drop to reorder the files and pages. Double-click on a file to expand and rearrange individual pages. Press the Delete key to remove unwanted content.
- When finished arranging files, click Combine Files.
- Click the Save button.
How to Merge Files - on a Mac:
Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac. How to combine PDFs and reorder, rotate, and delete pages. Combine two PDFs:
- Open a PDF in Preview.
- Choose View > Thumbnails to show page thumbnails in the sidebar.
- To indicate where to insert the other document, select a page thumbnail.
- Choose Edit > Insert > Page from File.
- Select the PDF that you want to add, then click Open.
- To save, choose File > Export.
- Repeat steps to attach more than one pdf to the same file.
If you are asked to enter a password to change or merge your PDF files, please use your organization's EIN without the dash. The pdf files are password protected to enable changes to be made only by those with the organization's password.