|How do I reset my password?|
|If you know your login ID, but you do not remember you password, you can request that the system reset your password. To do this, please perform the following steps:|
- Only click the reset password button once and wait for the email.
- Always check your junk/spam folders for our incoming emails.
- If you cannot find our email containing the reset password code, you can send us a different email address and we'll update your Login ID record. Send the new email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open your browser to our website at https://efile.form990.org/
- Click on the Login Button on the upper right hand side of the home page
- Enter your login ID into the Login ID text box and click the "Reset Password" button. The system will send an email with a temporary password to the email address we have on file for you.
- The page will automatically change, now click the small 'home' button in the center of the page, returning you to the Home page to log in again.
- Look for an email from email@example.com with the subject "990 Online Login Reset". This email contains a one-time password code. Open the email and copy the one-time code.
- Go back to the home page and enter your Login ID
- Enter the one-time code into the password box exactly as it was received in the email. Note: if there are any dots in the password box before you enter the password, delete them before you enter the one-time code.
- Click the Log in button
- The system will ask you to change your password. Enter the same one-time password from the Reset email into the box labeled "Old Password"
- Now enter a new password into the two boxes below. Make sure you enter the exact same new password into both boxes. Once you have entered them, click the Save button.
- The next time you log in, you will use your new password.
Additional information about resetting your password:
- Please make sure you are resetting the password for your own Login ID and not someone else's. If you reset someone else's password, they will no longer be able to use their old password to access the system.
- Once you start the reset process by entering your Login ID and clicking the "Reset Password" button, you must go through with the rest of the process. When you click the Reset Password button, the system permanently wipes out your old password and you must complete the process to create a new password.
- Please be certain not to enter any spaces before or after your Login ID or the one-time password code you received in the email.
- To ensure your privacy, Technical Support cannot reset your private password for you.
How long will it take to receive the code?
It generally takes less than a minute to receive the reset password email from the system. If our system is very busy it may take as long as 20 minutes. Please wait for the email and do not click the reset password button more than once.
Email with code not received:
Please check your spam and junk folders and conduct a search of your inboxes for “Password” or “990 Online” or for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (through mail domain of mtasv.net). It might be helpful to speak to your IT person about approving our incoming emails.
If you do not receive the one-time code in the password reset email within 30-minutes, it is possible your organization's anti-spam settings are too high to receive our automated emails. You will need to change your email address on file. Changing to a more generic email address like gmail or yahoo is the quickest way to resolve this issue of not receiving the email. Read more about How to Change your email address here.
ID or Code not working:
If you clicked the Reset Password button more than once, you will receive an email for each time you clicked the button and each email will contain a different one-time code. The emails may arrive into your inbox out of order. Only the LAST one-time code generated will work. We recommend clicking the password reset button once and waiting for the email. You will receive an error message if you try to use an earlier generated code.
The error messages below indicate you are using an invalid or incorrect one-time code. You may either be entering the code incorrectly or not using the most recent one-time code generated and sent in the most recent email received. You will receive an email for each time you clicked the reset password button and each email will have a different one-time code. Only the LAST one-time code will work.
The error message below indicates you entered your Login ID incorrectly. Your 11-digit Login ID will always remain the same and will not change even when the password is reset.
- "Invalid Login ID Activation Code"
- "Invalid Password. Please re-enter"
- "You did not enter the correct ‘Old' Password"
- "Username could not be found"