|What are the Steps to Authenticate my Filing?|
|How to Authenticate (electronically sign) a filing:|
Before you start:
- NOTE: Each web page in the process contains specific instructions. Please read each screen carefully before proceeding.
- If you have forgotten your password, please reset it yourself on the Home page by clicking the reset password button, once. A one-time password code will be emailed.
- Your Login ID must be active (not pending activation) and designated as able to sign filings before you can authenticate.
- You must use your own Login ID to see the links and receive the email.
- Check your junk/spam folders for our automated emails. The email may take 1-20 minutes to receive based on the demand on our system.
- Always check your Check Filing Status page to make sure your authentication was fully completed (the box should be checked off).
- If you are not already logged in, log into the systemn with your ID and password.
- The Control Panel will open. Select the “Authenticate Filing“ icon to the right of the return you would like to authenticate.
- The colorful Check Filing Status page will open. In the pink section, select the bold blue link “Click Here to Authenticate this Filing”.
- Verify your information, then click the “Next" button.
- Agree to the declarations by clicking the "Sign Filing" button.
- Close all browser pages to our system.
- You will receive an email containing a link to complete the authentication process, please find this email sent from email@example.com (check your junk/spam folder).
- Find and open the email. Click on the blue link inside. You will be automatically transferred to our Log in page.
- Log in again with your Login ID and password.
- On the next page that opens click the "Certify" button.
- When finished you will receive the notification “This filing has been authenticated. Thank you.”
- Always click the “return to Control Panel" button to View Filing Status to make sure your authentication was fully completed and there is a checkmark next to your name.
Compatible browsers for authentication (signing online):
Our system is compatible with Firefox (both Mac and Windows), Internet Explorer (6.0 or greater), and the latest versions of Netscape and Firefox on the Windows platform. You might also find that Microsoft Edge works, but not Opera. For Mac, using Firefox will insure you see all features of our system. You can also try switching to Safari or Chrome on your Mac, although Firefox is the best.
- Click on the bold blue link “Click Here to Authenticate this Filing” and not in the checkbox on the Check Filing status page.
- Verify your Login ID and email as correct when presented with the information in Step 4 of the instructions (above).
- Wait for the one email sent to you in Step 7 of the instructions (above). It may take 1 to 20 minutes depending on the demand on our system. Use only the most recent email received. Only the most recent link will work and a new link is generated each time you click the link to authenticate.
- Lower your email server security settings so our automated emails are not blocked.
- Check that the authentication link in the email is whole, active and not broken during transmission via email. If you have issues with the link, forward the email and your EIN to Tech Support.
- If the e-mail in Step 7 above is not received, change your email address through the Manage Account page, then start the process from the beginning.
Troubleshooting and Resolving Issues:
- If you are having issues with authentication, please click here for more information.
You may occasionally receive error messages during the Authentication process. Here are some of the error message you may receive and what they mean.
- Invalid Login ID Activation Code
Your Login ID is already active. Please disregard any recent emails with links concerning activation and instead log in on our Home page. If you are receiving some other error, please completely log out, open a new browser page and log back in again.
- Unknown Login ID. Please re-enter
You made an error in entering your Login ID. Make sure you are not logging in with another person’s Login ID. Avoid using autofill. Passwords are case sensitive. If you clicked the password reset button you must follow through with entirely resetting your password.
- Unauthorized EIN
You are associated with two different organizations on our system and each one currently needs your authentication. Please make sure you are using the specific Login ID for the specific EIN of the return. It is important to log out completely and then log back in with the ID for the filing you need to sign.
- To see a full list of possible Authentication Error messages please click here