| Electronic filing in New York|
Organizations registered with New York's Charities Bureau may use this site to electronically submit their CHAR500 annual financial report to the NY Charities Bureau. Using this system you can complete and file your CHAR500 at the same time that you file your Form 990 with the IRS or you can complete and file your CHAR500 and upload attachments including a copy of your Form 990 if you have already filed with the IRS. Filing IRS Form 990 via Form 990 Online system is free for organizations with less than $100,000 in gross receipts. Form 990 Online charges fees for larger organizations which range from $35 to $175 - Click here for a schedule of fees. In addition New York law requires filing fees based on an organization's income and assets. A schedule of New York's fees is available in the charities Bureau filing instructions.
Follow these steps to e-file your IRS Form 990 and/or NYS CHAR500:
- Step 1: Sign up for an account. Click here if you do not already have an account.
- Step 2: Create your Form 990 and/or CHAR500. Click here to begin filing.
- Step 3: Complete your Form 990 and/or CHAR500.
- Step 4: Submit your completed forms and pay any applicable fees
- View the Form 990 Online Frequently Asked Questions page.
- You can find more information at New York Charities Page
- View the New York Charity Registration FAQs.
- For questions about registering in New York, contact the New York Attorney General's office as follows:
Charitable Bureau - Registration Section
New York, NY 10271
- For technical problems using this website, click here to go to the 990 Online Support page.
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to Tech Support
This website is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ or Mozilla Firefox with a screen resolution of 1024 X 768.
Copyright © 1999 - 2016 the NCCS/NASCO E-Filing Site. All rights reserved.
Last modified: January 18, 2016.